How To Get Emma Watson's Signature Look
We’ve always been drawn to Emma Watson. From her days at Hogwarts to her killer speeches on equality and feminism — she is smart, daring, and glamorous! And her almost effortless makeup looks only further launch how she inspires. Whether through her politics, her voice, or her beauty, she has influenced so many women across cultures.
We particularly fell for her natural yet classy look from the London premiere of Beauty & The Beast where she played another strong female character that was not afraid to be smart and fight for what’s right. We loved her look from that evening so much so, in fact, that we’re going to share some products that can help you achieve this gorgeously soft makeup look.
At first glance, Emma's look seems simple, but there are quite a few intricate steps that make up this nearly flawless beauty. But don't worry, they’re easier and more attainable than you think.
1. Up first is her soft brown eyeshadow. With a touch of shimmer and a bit of taupey matteness, you can achieve her soft and blended crease. We love the Urban Decay Naked palettes for looks like this. They have the perfect balance of mattes and shimmers to play with, plus you can reach for warmer tones in the Naked Heat palette or go for a cooler vibe with the Naked 2. Emma has a softer and cooler neutral color, just slightly accentuating her eyes, but feel free to personalize this look with tones that better suit you.
Start with a neutral shimmer all over the lid. Then a darker, but subtle matte shade, taken from the outer corner through the crease. This technique will add a touch of definition. Just make sure to blend it fully. If you struggle with this step, add in a clean blending brush to ensure you’re not putting extra product down while smoking it out. You can also take this same shade under the lower lashline lightly to add some extra definition.
2. If you don’t normally opt for eyeliner, it can feel intimidating, but for this look it's insanely simple. To avoid overdoing it, even with a soft brown, add a pencil like the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil from Urban Decay, and simply dot it as close to your upper lashes as possible. Then you can take a pencil brush, or even your finger, to gently blur the line to make your lashes appear fuller.
3. Lashes, lashes, and more lashes. It looks like Emma has the longest, and most luscious lashes in the world. But if like us, you’re not so lucky, give falsies a try. With a little knowledge and some practice, you’ll be good to go! Yet, if you can’t be bothered to learn a new skill, we don’t blame you -- we all have enough on our hands as it is. You can save time and effort, and still complete this look by picking up a wonderful volumizing mascara. One of our favorite mascaras to achieve this look is Too Faced Better Than Sex.
4. It wouldn’t be an Emma Watson look without those bold yet natural-looking brows. And with something as simple as a matching brow powder, and a little pomade or gel, you can finish off the eye. We love this duo from It Cosmetics: the Brow Power Powder will fill your brows with color, and the Brow Power Pomade will add fullness as well as a touchable hold that lasts all day.
5. And then for a few finishing touches, add some glow, shadow, and a perfect neutral lip color. With a subtle champagne highlighter applied to your brow bone and cheek bones, your look will truly pop. You can use the lightest shade in any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes for this.
With a small amount of bronzer like Benefit Hoola, you can chisel out the cheeks a bit. And throw on some color with a universal blush shade like Benefit Rockateur. And finally, grab your favorite glossy lip color to complete Emma's look. At the London premiere of Beauty & The Beast, she is wearing a soft berry shade that looks both luscious and moisturizing. The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Sugar Berry shade is the closest we found.
Take a step out of your makeup routine with this soft yet sophisticated look, you’ll be glad you did. You may even discover some new favorite beauty products along the way.