Sensitive Skin? We've got you covered with these beauty Products
If you have sensitive skin, you know how hard it can be to find a product you love, let alone a whole routine. When testing a new cleanser leaves you with redness, spots, or a rash, you just want to give up. But we did the testing for you, and found some of the best skincare products that will work wonders while being gentle enough for the most delicate of skin types. You no longer have to fear the beauty counter. Instead of nervous, with these products, you will be excited to look at your skin in the morning. Wouldn't it be better to welcome a new day with a smile on your lips?
1. First up — Cleansing. For many of us with sensitive skin, cleansers can be overdrying, stripping natural moisture, or just far too heavy. But skipping this step can lead to breakouts, which is just another skincare hardship to add to the list. So to avoid clogged skin, try the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser. Not only is it great for all skin types, but it is also mild enough that it soothes the skin rather than causing any discomfort. It removes makeup and dirt while maintaining your skin’s natural moisture. As a favorite amongst those with irritated skin, this cleanser will let you actually enjoy washing your face again.
2. Next up is toning. This is a step so many people overlook. And we get it. Lots of toners are intensely drying, and others are not effective. But this step can make all the difference when using the right product. Toning removes any dirt, makeup and cleanser residues, and properly prepares your skin for serums and moisturizers. Our favorite for anyone with delicate skin is Thayers Witch Hazel Toner. Their all natural formula contains a handful of good ingredients to soothe, cleanse, and moisturize your skin. Additionally, they offer different scents for the mind. Our favorite is Lavender, which is amazingly calming. They also have a refreshing cucumber scent, soothing aloe, rose petal, and more. You can always keep it classic with the original scent, if you prefer to go that route. Trust us, with this toner you will see a change in your skin, for the better.
3. Serums. This step is usually a bit of a question mark. What is it you want from a serum? Moisture? Anti-aging? Something to fade hyperpigmentation? This is the place where your specific needs are at the forefront more so than your sensitive skin. Serums can show intense results. But usually products that are intense can cause side effects. Instead of dealing with these painful effects, take a look at a couple of serums that are gentle, yet effective. The Ordinary makes clinical formulas with simple ingredients that actually work. If you suffer from breakouts, and need to steer clear of harsh products, try their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. They also have options for aging, moisturizing and a Vitamin C Suspension that brightens dull skin. The Ordinary is cruelty-free with tons of silicone-free, nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and vegan options. And for the skeptics, The Ordinary has won more than a handful of beauty awards. Everyone loves their products!
4. The most important step in your routine — Moisturizer. When you have the right moisturizer, your skin glows. The right moisturizer helps to balance your skin on a daily and nightly basis. But for us with sensitive skin having something heavily fragranced or too harsh is a no-no. So what does that leave us with? Well, we like to look towards Mario Badescu for our moisturizer needs. With oil-free, nourishing, rejuvenating, and restoring options, you will surely find what you need in their huge range of offerings. And as a bonus, many of their day lotions have a built in SPF to protect your skin from further damage. And if you can handle a richer cream at night, Mario Badescu has 10 more creams for you to choose from. So no matter how gentle your beauty needs are, Mario Badescu has the right selection of skincare products.
5. And lastly, SPF. Protecting your skin from damaging UV rays is a vital step of any beauty lover’s skincare routine. Not only are you preventing sun damage, but also wrinkles, pigmentation, and of course skin cancer. But those harsh rays can also cause irritation and more sensitivity, which is exactly what we do not need. Now, if you already have an SPF built into your moisturizer, awesome. If not, we have the perfect recommendation that is non-comedogenic and non-greasy, but most importantly it works! This new sun protection that’s snagged such rave reviews in just a few short months is Glossier Invisible Shield, which is a daily sunscreen with SPF 35. Invisible Shield is made with a clear water-gel formula, so there is no gunky residue. It even looks invisible underneath your makeup. Or you can simply forgo the makeup altogether for a change. Either way, it’s SPF so wear it.
There it is. The skincare that soothes sensitive skin without slacking on the results. Give your beauty routine a boost, and try some of these sensitive skin friendly products.
Photo credit: cover from Allure