The Best Beauty Brands for Natural Makeup
As much as we all love trying out new makeup and branching out of our comfort zones with an orange lip color or blue eyeliner, sometimes we just want a natural no-makeup makeup, but not all beauty brands cater to that focus. With all of the full coverage foundations, contour palettes, and blinding highlights coming out, you may be overlooking the more subtle beauty players. So that you can find your way back to a more natural makeup look, we’ve found the brands that do no makeup makeup better than the rest. With these brands, you’ll be able to take a break from the cake, and accentuate your beauty with a subtle glow.
1. Up first is an oldie, but a goodie. A brand you may have forgotten about since their infomercial days. BareMinerals takes the subtle art of makeup to a new level. With mineral ingredients and a cruelty-free line of coverage products, eyeshadow palettes, and the most comfortable liquid lipsticks around, you’ll remember why you once loved their OG powder foundation so much. Even the bareMinerals packaging has a soft subtly to it. You can create the perfect everyday look with just a handful of their products. For instance, with a simple swirl, tap, and buff of the Original Loose Powder Foundation with SPF 15, a couple blended out shades from their Ready 8.0 Power Neutrals Palette, Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick in Icon, and a few strokes of their Flawless Definition Mascara, you are good to go!
2. A newer player to the natural makeup game is IT Cosmetics. And with their anti-aging makeup, soft-toned eyeshadow shades, plus the most beautiful brushes you’ve ever seen they will leave you with the most polished of looks. Particularly we love their Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Palette that contains 14 soft matte shades that will look amazing on all skin tones, plus a transforming shade to add a pop of shimmer to your look. One of our favorites from IT Cosmetics is their Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+. It gives you the perfect amount of natural-looking coverage with anti-aging ingredients and sun protection. You won’t even notice you’re wearing makeup, until you see your gorgeous reflection in the mirror.
3. Having a subtle glow is a fool-proof way to enhance your natural features. Whether it's a sunkissed radiance or a bit of shimmer on the cheek bones, Josie Maran does a nature illumination like no other. With cream options, stick options, and even powder they’ve got it all. Your skin will have the glow only someone coming back from a tropical beach vacation would. These beauty products infused with amazing organic ingredients as well as argan oil are more than makeup, they are the tools to create your go-to creamy soft look.
4. Next up is a brand whose packaging is just as inspired by nature as the products within them. And that is Pixi. With everything from skincare to makeup, Pixi knows how to make the natural look work on everyone. No matter if you’re first dipping your toes into makeup or taking a step back from a glam look, when you check out Pixi beauty you’ll surely find a palette, a bronzer, or a tinted lip balm that speaks to you. One of our favorites is the Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach. It is ideal for a no makeup day, when all you want is some neutralizing for those stubborn under eye circles.
5. Glossier maybe a baby in the beauty industry, but they’re taking the world by storm. With their fast expanding line of beauty essentials you’ll want to try it all. Get flushed lips with their Generation G matte lipstick, or achieve a soft and natural cheek color with their coveted Cloud Paints. Their makeup is for all ladies looking for a quick tool-optional look. Whether you want to go dewy with their Haloscope highlighter, cover spots with their Stretch Concealer, or mattify with their Wowder Powder you can create your perfect natural beauty with Glossier.
We promise, these glosses, bronzers, shadows and more won’t just simplify your beauty routine, they’ll beautify your natural look. These brands inspire natural beauty across cultures. Let them take yours to a new level!
Photos: cover from Iman Cosmetics, last from Glossier