The Best Foundations For Your Skin Type
There are so many foundations on the market nowadays: ranging from BB Creams to full coverage products, but which one is right for your skin type? If you have oily skin, you need something that will last, and if you are on the dry side, you want something dewy. What about those with acne or combination skin? There is an ideal foundation for you too. Whether you struggle with wrinkles, dry flakes, need full coverage, or just want a touch of tint, we have got the beauty products you will be more than happy to use.
1. Oily skin. This is something that just never seems to go away. You can blot and powder all day long, but you still end up seeing that frustrating T-zone shine peeking through. With the new Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, your coverage is made to last. And with Rihanna's massive range of 40 shades not only will your soft matte finish stay beautiful and shine-free all day, but your color match will be perfect. On top of Fenty Beauty’s lasting finish, your pores will look blurred and the coverage will hide any imperfections without looking cakey. This foundation is oily skin’s new BFF.
2. Now for the ones on the other end of the spectrum, dry skins. Just like oily skin, it can seem unbeatable. There are flakes, ashiness, and nothing ever seems to look dewy and fresh on the skin — until now. With the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup, you can finally have the natural skin look you want. With 26 shades to choose from, you are sure to find your undertone match, and finally have an illuminated natural glow all day. From application to removal, The Naked Skin foundation will overhaul your skin’s appearance with antioxidants, peptides, and other hydrating ingredients.
3. For you normal skin ladies, what a lucky bunch you are. You are probably free from suffering with severe dryness, oiliness and maybe breakouts. But if a little something to amp up your skin’s natural look sounds ideal check out the award-winning IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+. With amazing and light coverage, good for your skin ingredients, and a nice high SPF, you’ll protect your skin whilst perfecting it. And if you want a bronzed look or healthy glow, this CC Cream comes in illumination and bronzer varieties as well. Feeling like you have no makeup on, having a smooth complexion, and natural coverage to count on, is what we all want.
4. Combination skin maybe one of the most difficult skin types to deal with. Your T-zone is shiny, but your jawline might be flaky, and you may even have some pigmentation issues or breakouts. So how do you find one product to cater to all your needs? Without trial and error it can be a battle. But fortunately for you, we did that part, and the Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation is a winner. This 16-hour wear foundation comes in a vast 33 shades, is lightweight, and actually looks like the best version of your skin. With a buildable option, you can choose from the 33 shades, and customizable your foundation. Also, the formula is oil-free and sweat-resistant with amino acids to combat shininess, and care for the drier skin types. So whether you woke up with your skin feeling dry or greasy, this Nars foundation will give it the appropriate balance.
5. For those of us with acne prone skin choosing the right makeup can be difficult. You want great coverage, but also want your makeup to be breathable and not to clog your already troubled pores. And thankfully bareMinerals makes a few options that cater to those that are prone to acne. Their Original Powder Foundation with SPF 15 is a classic. With buildable coverage that is great at hiding redness, you will be confident in your skin in no time. And if your skin is on the oilier side, bareMinerals makes a matte version of their powder to battle those dreaded oils. For those who are more liquid foundation fans, the bareMinerals BarePRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation with SPF 20 is phenomenal. Giving a full-coverage and matte finish, and being oil-free, non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic, you have nothing to worry about with bareMinerals.
6. Those who worry about aging may not want to reach for a matte or full coverage foundation. Many heavy products can gather in lines and exaggerate any wrinkles. So if you want coverage, a natural skin-like finish, and SPF protection, the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is ideal. With a convenient squeeze tube, and a hydrating and softening formula, you’ll have a youthful glow with just a little bit of blending. If you want a little extra for your skin, their illuminating version adds just the right touch. Thy also have an oil-free option for those looking for a matte finish while protecting their skin from the sun. Finally, to add some extra lasting power, I suggest the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. It will keep everything in place with a sheer coverage that blurs the look of fine lines.
7. For those who need full coverage due to hyperpigmentation among other concerns, the Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation is ideal no matter where your skin is in its cycle. Struggling through a breakout, dealing with winter dryness, or maybe an oily streak during the month? The Milk Makeup foundation is meant to cater to all these skin concerns at once. With their pore blurring microspheres, you will have a smooth looking skin -- even the fine lines will be hidden. Vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, silicone-free and talc-free, this serum-like-feel foundation is light as air, and is OPENLETR founder, Fatima Bocoum's personal favorite. Milk Makeup provides a wide range of shades for all ethnicities. You can depend on it for a full coverage that lasts all day, and leaves your skin in amazing conditions after removal.
8. Sensitive skin types might be hesitant about any makeup. And we get it, reacting badly to something can really throw you off. But taking a back seat to beauty is not the answer. Pick up a foundation that is a tried and true favorite in the beauty community. The Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation is full coverage, comes in 30 shades, and offers a 24-hour wear. Along with those benefits, this vegan foundation has no parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances. Now, even those with the most reactive skin types can correct discoloration, hide spots, and reduce shine without any fear of itching, blotches, or worse.
Go for it, pick up the best foundation for your skin type, and see how much you can actually love your makeup again. Feed it the beauty products it needs, and it will thank you by looking flawless.